POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Patch Newbie asks about blob2 : Patch Newbie asks about blob2 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:39:04 EDT (-0400)
  Patch Newbie asks about blob2
From: gregjohn
Date: 29 Dec 2003 08:00:04
Message: <web.3ff0248413238e8d3a5fb9ba0@news.povray.org>
I haven't touched MegaPov since 0.7, and that was pre-3.5. I studied several
posts and went to several forum participant's web sites.  I've found a few
patches on the internet, including:

http://megapov.inetart.net/features.html

My main interest is in the blob2 patch, given that I've been working with
blob-based people.  IIMSS, the original blob system gives for ugly
muscles-- a sphere on the middle of a cylinder doesn't look all that
organic.   I think I'll wait until blob2 is "stablized" and added to the
"main MegaPOV" before getting my feet wet with the patches again.  AFAICS,
it's not there yet.

I appreciate that this is a freeware system set up by folks in their free
time, that software development of this type ain't done to a fixed
schedule, yada yada yada.

1) Is the blob2 patch already released.
2) Is it stabilized-- syntax stabilized?
3) Is it on a "main branch" of MegaPov?

Greg M. Johnson